Solar panels are among the most important and critical pillars of renewable energy technology. The installation of the solar system involves investment and therefore makes it very important to decide on the right combination of panels before making the final decision.
Key components for selecting solar PV module
- Panel Material Components: There are mainly two types of solar PV modules: MonoPerc and Polycrystalline. MonoPerc is a group of solar cells cut from a single source of silicon. Its panels are more efficient due to their uniform composition. Most of the residential panels use MonoPerc solar cells because of their capability to achieve higher performance levels in high heat and low light conditions. Polycrystalline solar cells are produced with multiple silicon crystals melted collectively, which makes them less efficient compared to MonoPerc solar cells. As a result, the panels are priced lower compared to MonoPerc panels.
- Panel Quality & Durability: It is critical to buy solar PV panels from certified manufacturers, as it ensures that the panel meets the required international standards. The solar PV module is given different certifications by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards after the reliable tests. The tests help the buyer to make the best purchase decision as per the requirement. The panel’s durability is estimated on its strength to withstand extreme weather conditions such as heavy rains, high winds, and other conditions.
- Efficiency: The reflectance efficiency of a solar panel determines the quantity of sunlight it absorbs. This is critical to determine the power generating efficiency because the panel with less reflection produces more energy. These panels use different techniques to reduce the reflection, such as anti-reflective coatings on the glass, which help to absorb more light.
Thermodynamic efficiency is the highest achievable production level. It determines the point at which the photons interact with solar cells to generate maximum possible power. The best way to increase efficiency is by constructing tandem solar cells and dividing the solar spectrum into smaller areas, which raises the efficiency limit for each section.
- Solar Panel Power Ratings: Every panel of the solar PV module is given a power rating, which is useful when choosing between two different solar panels. The rating shows the energy creating capability of each panel under a particular modern standard test condition.
- Temperature Coefficient: Every solar cell technology has a unique temperature coefficient that helps to measure the amount of power produced for each degree Celsius rise in the temperature. It has a direct influence on the power output of a solar module, as more the sunshine the panel receives, its temperature increases, resulting in decreasing the power output of the solar panel.
- Warranty: Solar panels are an expensive and long-term investment making it necessary to buy them from a reliable vendor such as Emmvee, who assure a 10-year product warranty. Emmvee’s 25 years of extensive manufacturing experience and exemplary customer reach makes it one of the most trusted names in the market.
Choosing the right set of solar panels is difficult, as the same set of panels may give different results. The most important factor is about finding the right combination of applications that best suits a particular requirement.