Global warming is becoming a serious issue with many governments across the world making aggressive efforts to cut down on the consumption of fossil fuel to help create a cleaner and greener environment. The process of generating energy through fossil fuel around the world is very closely related to global warming as it is the root cause of emitting carbon dioxide and other harmful chemicals. The increased consumption of fossil fuel has led to a rise in global temperature with an average increase of CO2 emissions by about 2.0% each year.
The only answer to rising concerns surrounding protecting the environment is opting for a green energy transition. Solar power is considered as the most viable source of green energy as it can reduce apprioximatly1290 tonnes of CO2 emission per 1 MW of solar capacity per year. Additionally, solar power saves the fuels used to transport coal, oil, or gas through trucks, trains, and ships.
Role of Emmvee in creating a greener and clear environment
Emmvee which started its operation with the manufacturing of solar water heaters in the year 1992 has consistently strived on its mission to make solar energy reach every home and institution. Emmvee manufactures and supplies different solar products which have played a key role in creating a greener and cleaner environment.
Emmvee under the brand name “Solarizer” has manufactured and installed more than 300,000 domestic water heaters and 5,000 industrial systems amounting to a total capacity of around 200 million liters per day (LPD). Emmvee has saved approximately 7, 50,000 tonnes of CO2 annually through its domestic water heater installations and approximately 12,500 tonnes of CO2 annually through industrial water heater installations.
Solar PV modules
Emmvee’s contribution to the green environment is immense. It started the manufacturing of solar PV modules in the year 2007. It has supplied 1.5 GW of PV modules and has commissioned more than 200 MW of projects in India and across the world saving approximately 1944,000 tonnes of CO2 annually.
Emmvee taking forward its initiative of supporting green energy has introduced a new product, the Emmvee Powerhub, a German-designed intelligent electric energy storage system capable of optimizing power storage by controlling per unit energy consumption.
The installation of an electric energy storage system (smart inverters) for power generation is one of the best ways to contribute towards a green environment. Emmvee PowerHub storage solution helps to store power generated from solar panels which can be used during night times or the surplus power can be sent into the grid. Every KW of electricity sent to the grid from a battery reduces fossil fuel usage for generating electricity by close to 1 KW/hour. Also, Battery storage reduces the need to use generators during peak times which will potentially reduce carbon emissions.
The revolutionary product from Emmvee, the Spowdi helps the agriculture industry in restoring groundwater levels and in curtailing the problems of traditional water pumps which can create a threat to the available groundwater. It is capable of providing high yield using less water for irrigation and is ideal for farmers who require flexible irrigation systems that can run on solar power and support in every aspect of sustainable production.
Emmvee Spowdi is completely powered by solar panels with zero carbon footprints and does not require electricity from fossil fuels or diesel generators which produce large amounts of carbon dioxide, hazardous to the environment. The diesel-based irrigation pumps emit around 3 million metric tons of carbon dioxide representing around one percent of India’s total carbon emissions.
Emmvee’s role in reducing carbon footprints across industries
Emmvee has played a major role in the phenomenal growth of solar energy implementation across the Industries sector. It has created a broader perspective in the minds of different industry leaders about the environmental advantages of implementing solar energy models into their manufacturing and operational business routine.
Emmvee has installed and executed many solar water heater projects across industries such as
- Hotels & Resorts – A Solarizer water heater with a Capacity of 30,000 LPD was installed at Mahabaleswar, Maharashtra. The project was commissioned between the year 2002 & 2009.
- Educational Institutions – A Solarizer water heater with a Capacity of 91,000 LPD was installed across Karnataka at 35 locations. The project was commissioned between the year 2002 & 2009.
- Hospitals – A Solarizer water heater with a Capacity of 50,500 LPD was installed in Bangalore, Karnataka. The project was commissioned between the year 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2011.
- Industries – A Solarizer Plus water heater with a Capacity of 20,000 LPD was installed across Bangalore, Chennai & Hyderabad. The project was commissioned in the year 2011.
Emmvee has executed many solar PV roof top and EPC projects across multiple industries.
- Pharmaceutical – The pharmaceutical sector in India is one of the largest producers of generic drugs in the world. This has resulted in it being a major emitter of carbon dioxide and other harmful chemicals as most of the power used for production activities is mostly generated through fossil fuels. The adoption of solar energy will have a critical role in bringing carbon footprints.
The Pharmaceutical industry operates under strict rules and regulations with regards to the design of the infrastructure (building or factory), insulation, and other related units.
Emmvee has rich expertise in executing projects related to Pharmaceutical companies with proper planning and implementation to get the desired results. Emmvee in a joint venture with Reddy’s Lab has developed and executed a 15 MW capacity solar power plant that supplies electricity exclusively to Reddy’s Lab facilities at Hyderabad, approximately saving 19,440tonnes of CO2 annually. The contract is to mention the plant and supply solar power for its facilities for the next 25 years.
- Manufacturing units & Factories
Manufacturing units & factories require a large amount of power, which is usually procured through fossil fuels that emit a large amount of carbon dioxide. Most of the factories have rooftop space which can be utilized for the installation of solar PV panels to provide added value by meeting a good percentage of the electricity requirements and also help in offsetting peak consumption.
Emmvee has planned and executed many rooftop projects for large Manufacturing units and factories. It has installed a 1 MW rooftop PV plant at its own solar water heater manufacturing facility at Dobespet, Karnataka. The plant is capable of generating approximately 1.43 million units of power yield annually saving approximately 1814 tonnes of CO2 annually.
- Airports – Civil aviation has emerged as one of the fastest growing sectors in India with over 100 operational airports. But this has given rise to the disproportionately high level of a carbon footprint because of the large areas these airports occupy.
The big area that can transform the issue of carbon footprint is the installation of solar energy plants which by large help to offset electricity consumption from fossil fuels.
Emmvee was one the first solar company in India to execute 1 MW of solar project for Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL Infrastructures Ltd) in Kerala. It is the first Greenfield airport project executed in a public-private partnership model in the civil aviation infrastructure sector in India.
Emmvee was responsible for end to end execution of the project, right from designing of the solar power plant, engineering, supply of modules, procurement, installation, testing, and commissioning of the solar power plant. It was also responsible for operating and maintaining the plant for 10 years.
The Cochin Airport was officials declared the first airport in the world to be fully powered by solar energy. The solar panels produce enough power to keep the airport running 24/7 throughout the year reducing carbon emissions estimated to the amount equal to planting about 3 million trees, over a period of 25 years.
- University – India is home to numerous Universities and Education Institutions which have a large building with a huge inflow of students every day. These Universities require a large quantity of electricity, primarily procured by fossil fuels which increase the carbon footprint. The Universities and Educational institutions have huge potential for installing solar rooftop modules as they have enough terrace space. In recent years, many of them are opting for solar installations due to the desire to protect the environment. Emmvee has developed a flat RCC solar power project of 1.1MWp at the University of Hyderabad approximately saving 1426 tonnes of CO2 annually.